If you are a graduate or undergraduate looking to experience real business, Packard offers internships that allow you to see for yourself what the HVACR industry is all about.
Packard has been a dominant force in the HVAC/R industry since 1959. In 2021, Packard joined forces with DiversiTech Corporation, a leading aftermarket manufacturer and supplier of highly-engineered components for residential and
light commercial heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R). Combining these forces will elevate Packard’s position as a master distributor and supplier, bringing wholesalers and OEMs innovative, high quality products that feature top industry names and exclusive private-label lines. Headquartered in Kennesaw, Georgia, we also host regional offices and independent manufacturers’ representatives from coast to coast, two additional distribution centers, one in the Midwest and one in the West, help to serve our customer base from coast to coast. Packard takes pride in being a customer focused company and service, selection and satisfaction will always be top priority.
Our Technical Inside Sales Specialists are the experts selling and advising on HVAC/R innovation to the world. Responsible for a set of products and services, they know their portfolio inside and out. Our customers, suppliers, and internal staff rely on them for technical consultation and advise on everything from product features, configurations, and troubleshooting through pricing and availability. However complex the question, they are ready to deliver technical solutions to meet the need via phone, chat, web, or email.
This role requires extensive knowledge of motor applications within the HVAC/R market. The successful incumbent in this role must also be an equally motivated and team-oriented member of Packard’s Inside Sales team by approaching and engaging prospective customers to meet established quotas while assisting customers directly. Experience and knowledge of direct sales is an important requirement of this role.
· Deliver technical solutions that address varying needs and as required by various team members but overall focused on motor applications
· Act as one of Packard’s motor technical experts to help the organization meet, if not exceed, its goals
· Stay up to date on new products, technology trends, and service offerings
· Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; daily telephone calls soliciting new accounts and existing accounts;
· Investigate & comprehend customer needs and requirements;
· Ability to explain and sell Packard’s products and the benefits of selecting Packard against an alternative solution;
· Team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals;
· Maintains and improves quality results by following established standards; recommending improvements as necessary;
· Other duties as assigned.
· 10+ years of professional work experience in a technical role with inside sales exposure
· 10+ years of direct HVAC/R motor application experience – including product selection, problem solving & product research
· Professional appearance and friendly, well-spoken & ready to close the deal
· Possess an ambitious nature with attention to detail
· Exceptional customer service and problem-solving skills
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills
· Excellent organization & multi-tasking skills with ability to prioritize, set and keep deadlines, change direction quickly, and adapt to various work environments easily
· Proven track record in meeting quotas and closing percentages
· Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
· Exceptional ability to interface well with numerous stakeholders, both internal and external, in a collaborate environment
· Proficient in MS Office applications: Excel - especially filtering & pivot tables, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint
How to Apply:
Our company • Your career • Together, we grow.
As a recognized leader in the HVAC/R industry, our opportunities attract the very best experienced professionals. We invite you to follow the application process tips outlined below. Our applicant pool continues to grow each year – unfortunately, this means we cannot reach out to every candidate. If the fit is right, we will be in contact with you.
Application Process Tips
Add this page on your home screen for quick and easy access when you're on the go.