• Dryer exhaust duct power ventilator
• Certified by UL (Underwriters Laboratories) to the DEDPV requirements of UL705
• UL-Listed for use with Gas and Electric clothes dryers
• Duct runs up to 125 linear feet
DEDPV 705 is a dryer exhaust duct power ventilator. It helps your dryer run more efficiently by assisting the dryer in overcoming pressure losses caused by long or restricting exhaust duct designs, or effects of high altitudes; higher exhaust rate means faster dry time. The product complies with the UL standard related to dryer exhaust (UL 705) and is suitable for gas and electric clothes dryers.
The DEDPV-705 may be added to the dryer exhaust duct system when the equivalent duct length is between 25 feet and 125 feet. Each 90 degree elbow is equivalent to 5 feet of duct and each 45 degree elbow is equivalent to 2.5 feet.
The DEDPV-705 is a cord connected product that features a pressure switch to automatically sense when the dryer is on. A wall-mounted indicator panel with a 50 ft cable is provided to indicate proper operation of the exhaust fan. In the event of a problem, the LED light will inform the homeowner of the nature of the problem. Four mounting clamps and two cleanouts that come with the product ease installation of the fan on the ductwork. An integrated thermal fuse is built into the DEDPV-705 as a safety device and will de-energize the fan in the event of abnormal exhaust temperatures.
Performance certified by HVI; safety certified by UL to the DEDPV supplement of UL705; suitable for use with gas and electric clothes dryers.
Some helpful tips to take into account while installing the dryer exhaust fan DEDPV 705:
• Avoid using rigid PVC pipes or flexible ducts. Use only steel or aluminum ducts rated for dryer use. These ducts have smooth walls, so lint is less likely to build up.
• If you are running your dryer duct through an unconditioned space, make sure you wrap it in insulation. If the duct stays warm, it will be less likely to form condensation and collect lint.
• To avoid clogging lint over the exhaust fan impeller, install a secondary lint trap DBLT 4W. It filters the air, catches the lint and protects the fan and ductwork. The less lint accumulation, the better your dryer performs.